September 22, 2007

Getting Older.

Liz covered this a few weeks back, but I have to throw in my two cents cause its me we're talking about here. Yeah, yeah, ya I turned 30 three weeks ago ----as a side note, I just typed "turned" 30. I don't remember any corners, or spinning, so why did I type that? but is there another way to express it? nope----back on topic, I guess I kinda AM getting/feeling older. Let me give you an example. Maybe its youth or just one of my dumb quirks, but I used to spring out of bed on Saturdays to do the lawn, yep, "spring" --it really annoyed Liz who is more of a fan of the "gradual snuggle" out of bed. Now, the leaves are starting to come down and I just don't care anymore. I even asked a neighbor about his lawn crew. It could be me getting older or the "leaf" factor. I'll cut grass all day, but I HATE dealing with leaves. Am I being lazy with age or just being normal here? I've always been a "gotta go Joe" and unable to sit still, but lately Liz and I have been watching lots of old movies that we record from TCM. Classic John Wayne westerns and Alfred Hitchcocks and I'm loving it! I guess she's trying to start me from the beginning, since she's a huge movie fan. Its pretty good. And speaking of sitting still and watching TV, since Comcast took over, they changed the program lineup and brought back "Top Gear" on BBC. Best show EVAR!!!, o.k. maybe "The Office" but its great!!!!!! Crap, enough stalling, I guess I gotta get out there and do the yard now..... poop!

4 comments:

Beck said...

Thats not the Drew I know. Remember that time you washed my car in college because you were bored? That was awesome. I need to go mow the yard too, but man I don't feel like it....

Amanda said...

i dont think its turning 30..cody is only 22 and it takes everything in him to give up his saturday to mow the stinkin' yard...haha...

Rob and Leah said...

You're sitting and watching movies? Wow, that is a change! I hope Rob's 30th doesn't make him more relaxed or I'll be doing the yardwork myself.

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you mentioned the office. i'll take some credit for that!!!