September 16, 2007

I've been tagged...twice!!

I've been tagged by Mariana and Amy. I'm giving in to peer pressure, and have spent the last 30 minutes trying to come up with my 8 random facts...it was harder than I thought. But first, the rules:


1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So, in no particular order:

1. FEAR - I am terrified of throwing-up. I realize that "no one likes to throw-up", but my dislike goes much deeper. I go to extremes to avoid this action, to the point of pacing around my room for hours, sipping water to avoid it at all costs. I do NOT share sentiments with the phrase "you'll feel better when it's over"...and I REFUSE to force myself. And by the way, Emily Skaggs can relate. :)

2. LIKE - I am pretty fond of Rap music. Maybe this stems from my basketball roots, I don't know, but I can jam to Eminem, Kanye, 50 cent, Dr. Dre, etc. So, everyone sing/rap along:

"Cause I'm slim shady, yes I'm the real slim shady, all you other slim shady's are just imitating..."

"Now, I ain't saying she's a goldigger, but she ain't messin with no broke, broke...get down, girl. Go ahead, get down..."

3. QUIRK - I love baby names. And, although Andrew and I are still a couple of years away from taking the plunge, I've had a list of my favorites since we first got married. Actually, it's not so much a list as it is an Excel spreadsheet...yeah, I'm not kidding. It has a column of girl names, a column of boys names, and then a column of final combinations. I keep it on our hard drive, and update it periodically with new additions. For now, the top slots are filled by Addison Grace, Avery Elise, Noah Walker, and Grayson Seth...we'll have to see if those hold up. :)

4. TALENT - My special talent is quoting movies or tv episodes. My brother and I are capable of holding several coherent conversations using only movie lines. And, I'm a huge Friends fan, and love to quote them with Emily Roberts (she is truly the master), Shelah, and new-comer Mariana. "The cushions are the essence of the chair!"

5. STRUGGLE - Total transperency, here...I have a self-esteem problem. I know, it is so silly, and I really don't know where it comes from, but there you have it. Ultimately, I think I've spent too many years trying to find my self-worth in things like marriage, work, friends, family, etc. I realize this now, and am shifting my focus to realizing my worth in Jesus Christ.

6. HATE - I detest ALL condiments. So, no mustard, mayo, ketchup, relish, or even salad dressings. I used to get made fun of all the time when I was a kid b/c I'd want my burger with meat and cheese only, my sandwich with just meat and bread, or my salad dry. Now that I'm an adult, it pays off b/c I don't have to worry about the extra calories. Who's laughing now?!?

7. PASSION - March Madness, baby!!! College basketball play-offs is truly the greatest sporting event every year. Each March, I look forward to filling out my bracket to predict the winner of "The Big Dance". I watch Sportcenter for hours on "Selection Sunday" to give me the edge over my fellow competitors. In fact, I won our office pool this past year. Way to go Florida!!

8. PET-PEEVE - Text messaging...where do I begin. This is the one fad that I have not jumped on yet. Probably, because I'm not any good at it!! For the longest time, I had no idea what BTW, LOL, :), and :( all meant. And T9...seriously?!?! All, I want to do is type the word "three", and all I get is Ugh, thirsty, or word not in dictionary. Seriously...there has to be an eaiser way. BTW, I dun hav a txt plan, so it costs me $1 Ech tym U txt me :)


There's my 8 facts, and I think that most of my blogging-friends have already done this, but here it goes...Leah, Emily Roberts, Shelah, Amanda (3rd time's the charm), Travis and/or Katie, and Beck and/or Hayley...you've just been tagged!!

6 comments:

butlertrio said...

In the words on the immortal Sean Connery, "Suck it Trabeck."
Tag this.

The Wells Family said...

loving this post!
sorry for the text a few weeks ago...if only you had been "tagged" sooner.....i owe you a buck.
AND...living with a man who also quotes movies frequently - i think it's funny when he is the only one in the room who gets the joke. but if you around..it would make two.

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz! I read the post about Bare Minerals! Hope your still loving it. We had a blast with guys when you were up. I'm sorry you feel like the 6th wheel. :( Next time we can go play basketball somewhere and I will be the odd man out.

Emily said...

It makes me happy to have a cohort in nerdy Excel love. :) Does Andrew agree with you on the names? Because if not, if he's anything like James, he won't budge no matter how much you like the name! haha!
"Is it me, or is Veto starting to sound really good?"

Emily said...

I also don't know if this counts, but I did this back in July. http://fakeaccentuniversity.blogspot.com/2007/07/tagged.html

So kinda technically, I've risen to the occasion.

Amy's Antics said...

I can so relate on soooo many of your random facts, Liz! Love them, and love you!!