September 4, 2007

Bare Minerals!!


So, Andrew and I were in Austin over Labor Day weekend hanging out with some of our friends, Travis/Katie and Beck/Hayley. The funny thing about this is that I'm more like "3rd wheel", or technically speaking "6th wheel". The reason being...they are all very outdoorsy and they all love to mountain bike. Now let's be honest, as my age has progressed, I have become a little more girly and a little less tomboy (tear from Travis, smile from Andrew). So, while I was once very athletic (and still am if I'm playing something like basketball), I could care less about being outdoors, mainly because of things like spiders, roaches, and mosquitos (poking fun begins now).


So, all of this to preface my new favorite thing...Bare Minerals make-up!! This stuff is awesome, and who do I owe this great find to...Katie and Hayley, who are without a doubt, the most outdoorsy/tomboy-esque kind of girls that I am friends with. I mean these girls could go a week straight with no make-up at all, sleeping in the dirt with the boys, banging their legs and arms up mountain biking in Austin, Colorado, or wherever. So, you can imagine my surprise when we are all getting ready to go out to dinner, and they BOTH have this new make-up to demonstrate for me. "You just twirl the brush, tap off the excess, and buff" explains Katie. Seriously?? Seriously!! I was cracking up...this was the sort of thing that I was supposed to be showing them!! I've got to hand it to them...they are both a perfect blend of tomboy and feminine...as clearly displayed by this picture.


So, to my other girly friends like Emily S, Leah, Emily R, Amanda, Laura, Katie W, and Mariana (who should be ashamed of yourselves for not being the ones to suggest Bare Minerals first :)), we've got some catchin' up to do!! ~Liz

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you're now a blogger! I will be checking regularly, so I sure hope you update often! :)
So this make up really is good? Like even for women like me who got crazy adult acne in their 20s? I've never been adventurous with makeup, but with your endorsement...maybe I'll have to check it out next summer!

Anonymous said...

I will always support the word bare when it involves women. It's business time...

Amanda said...

Im so sorry my girly-ness let you down...haha. I actually learned about that stuff when I was in hair school. It is awesome!!

Rob and Leah said...

So happy you have a blog! Please wish Andrew a Happy 30th BDAY. I hope y'all are doing something fun to celebrate.

HaY LeY said...

Your blog made me smile A LOT!!! That was such an amazing weekend. And I hope you didn't feel left out just b/c you don't ride! I love hanging out with you and Katie. Ya'll are amazing!! Hope Drew had an amazing birthday!!!