December 19, 2007

I'm your huckleberry

">

I've already posted this on my myspace page, but thought I'd post it here for you non-myspacers.

So, most of you that know me, know of my love for movie lines. They are what's great about movies! And my brother and I have been quoting them as long as I can remember...not many people can keep up with us. Sad to say, but we could probably hold several coherent conversations just using movie quotes. Hey, it's my talent, and I'm proud. Just to preface you, though, I left off most of the cliche ones like "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn." and "Here's looking at you, kid." The ones listed below come from movies that I have seen hundreds of times, and I'm sure I will add more as I think of them. I left the movie titles off in case you want to play along, although, I'm sure that's the kind of game that only movie nerds like me play. So, in tribute to some of my favorites, here we go:

1. "Let's be from Vermont, and let's have an emerging maple syrup conglomerate."
2. "I got robbed by a sweet old lady on a motorized cart, and I didn't even see it comin'!"
3. "Yah, well, sometime's nothing can be a pretty cool hand."
4. "Sure the Almighty didn't send me to watch your back? I didn't like him anyway. He wasn't right in the head."
5. "Well, ain't it a small world? Spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been saved and baptized. I guess I'm the only one who remains unaffiliated!"
6. "Whoa, we have to take a boat? Nobody said anything about taking any boats!" "Is there going to be a problem, sir?" "No, no problem. I'm just not that crazy about boats." "Geez, Caffey, you're in the Navy for crying out loud!" "Nobody likes her very much!" "Yes, sir!"
7. "So, when Andy Dufresne came to in 1949 and asked me to smuggle Rita Hayworth in, I told him…no problem."
8. "Show me the money! I love black people!"
9. "Keep it secret. Keep it safe."
10. "Tuesday night's plastic corrosion awareness meeting was, I think, a big success. And we want to thank Mr. Spell for putting that on for us. Thank you, Mr. Spell."
11. "But, for now, let me say – Without hope or agenda – Just because it's Christmas – And at Christmas, you tell the truth – To me, you are perfect – And my wasted heart will love you – Until you look like this"
12. "What kind of music do you usually have here?" "Oh, we got both kinds…Country and Western."
13. "Did they teach you that in the CIA!?! Did they teach you that!?! I've got one question for you, Jack…it's can you deal with that!?!
14. "I'm here to learn everyone! Not to make out with you! Go on with the chlorophyll."
15. "One more thing...I play, Coach stays. He goes, I go."
16. "Where's Elizabeth?" "She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So, we're all men of our word really…except for Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman."
17. "Erroneous! Erroneous on both counts!"
18. "Ok, what am I doing? I'm chasing this guy. Nope, he's chasing me!"
19. "Who elected you leader of this outfit?" "Well, Pete, I just figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought."
20. "Toe-pick!"
21. "I've got the Holy Spirit…it's a good train…you should get on it."
22. "P. Sherman. 42 Wallaby Way. Sydney."
23. "We've got no food. We've got no jobs. Our pets heads are falling off!!"
24. "Do you like apples?" "Yeah." "Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples!?!"
25. "Asps…very dangerous. You go first."
26. "Luther said I could learn some things from you. I already know how to drink."
27. "The language is that of Mordor, which I will not utter here. In the common tongue, it reads 'One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."
28. "Is not going well! I have stolen a bread van, and am chasing Michael down Michigan Ave. This is what comes of telling the truth!"
29. "George, you are the most selfish man in the whole world. Now, that's just silly…have you met everyone in the world?"
30. "I am removing the superfluous buns!" "Now, why don't we just calm down, sir." "I'll tell you why 'WE' don't calm down, because you're not excited! It takes two people for a 'WE' to calm down, doesn't it!?!"
31. "No time to discuss this with the committee." "I am NOT a committee!"
32. "You know, Ike, maybe poker's just not your game. I know…let's have a spelling contest!"
33. "I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, Chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him and kill him for ten."
34. "I'd like to dedicate this to my grandpa, who showed me these moves." "Aawww, that's sweet. And where is your grandpa?" "In the trunk of our car."
35. "How'd you do it Frank? How did you cheat on the Bar Exam in Louisiana?"
36. "You know those coconut bombs…you don't have to worry. They work right well!"
37. "Pull the lever, Kronk." "Wrong leveerrr!" "Why do we even have that lever!?!"
38. "I'm here to try out my sea legs." "But you ain't got no legs, Lt. Dan."
39. "Does this suit make me look fat?" "No, your face does."
40. "Do you think next time you might be a little more suttle?" "What do you mean, Winston?" "What I mean, Willie, is your carrying a bag of fertilizer and a semi-conscious Gloria...you don't look like your average horticulturalist."





>

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have to much freaking time on your hands.

The Wells Family said...

seriously..are you getting paid to do all that - i agree with trav on that one! i knew like 2 of them. then i gave up...but i LOVE LOVE actually..and just watched it this week - so i knew that one....

Another Texas Family said...

Where are these quotes??? "these are somebody's wishes..." or "that's what I said, I said I'm setting boobie traps"

Anonymous said...

What we can't comprehend, and I can vouch--is that she doesn't just sit around watching movies all day or anything, its a near verbatim memory from a compilation of YEARS of movie watching--something that must be in her blood as her brother's got the skill and an honorable mention goes out to Mr. Jeff Reedy here too. Jeff, I hope you read this one.

Rob and Leah said...

OK, I'll play....

1.
2. Dumb and Dumber?
3.
4. Braveheart
5. O Brother Where Art Thou
6. A Few Good Men
7. The Shawshank Redemption
8. Jerry Maguire
9.
10.
11. Love Actually
12. The Blues Brothers
13. Meet the Parents
14. Billy Madison
15. Hoosiers
16.
17.
18.
19. O Brother Where Art Thou
20.
21.
22.
23. Dumb and Dumber
24. Good Will Hunting
25.
26.
27. One of the LOTR movies
28. My Best Friend's Wedding
29. this one's killing me because I know I've seen it
30. Father of the Bride
31.
32.
33.
34. Little Miss Sunshine
35.
36.
37.
38. Forrest Gump
39.
40.

Help me out with 29.

RKH